Much fabric has been flying in the studio this week. I’m selling my paint ball wares at a huge game in Ontario in a couple of weeks, so I’m making stock for that like mad, and getting the rest of my custom orders for Rob’s team done so they’ll have their items for that game. I know I said I’d try to keep the paint ball posts to a minimum, but I’ve got a few neat things, and that’s mostly what I’ve been working on this week, so bear with me for this post.
First I have a few 10-round paint ball tube holders, in Vietman tiger stripe camo. Team SMERF’s camo of choice, and these are for a member of their team. Don’t mind the chalk marks, I forgot to wipe them off before taking a pic!
Next up is something another member of SMERF asked me to make. It’s a wishbone harness, with paracord straps. You use it to attach your gun to your vest, so you don’t have to hold it when it’s not in use. I had never worked with braiding paracord before, and while I caught on to the braiding part pretty quickly, it was the finishing the ends to make them super secure that had me stuck. I tried the usual burning the nylon and smooshing the melted ends into the braid. That didn’t hold well enough in my opinion. Then I tried every glue I could think of from glue gun to gorilla glue to epoxy. Nothing. I finally found a fantastic tutorial on youtube that gave instructions for weaving the ends back into the braid itself, and it makes it super secure. I’m so happy with the final result, I’m making one for myself too. 🙂
My craft studio audience. They look impressed. hah